- Be a minimum of 35 years old.
- All drivers are required to have 2 legitimate years of experience relevant to the area, and conditions they will be operating in.
- Proof of N.A.S.B.L.A. or equivalent boater’s safety course. If you are born after Jan 1, 1988 – you are required to have a safe boater’s certificate. You can get this online FREE at BoatUs.org/Florida . If you were born before Jan 1, 1988 – you need a Driver’s license and all drivers must have 2 years prior boat driving experience.
- Valid I.D. – State or Federally issued
- Major Credit card on file for payment, fuel, and damage deposit.
Photo ID for all drivers and Credit Card of responsible party. Waterproof bags, reading glasses, cell phones, shoes to wear down docks, sunblock, etc.
Yes, we accept cash as payment. This does not eliminate the need for a credit card for your deposit and fuel payment.
Unfortunately we prefer no pets; sandbars and beaches in the area that allow pets are rare, and we do not want to contribute to the disruption of bird sanctuaries or the fouling of the waters with pet waste and also don’t want other customers experiencing any odors/dander etc. from previous pets onboard, thank you for your adherence..
- Reservations are required for all boat rentals.
- Cancellations will result in the issuance of a gift card for later use. See full Cancellation policy on Reservations page.
- Should weather not cooperate and WE REFUSE TO let the boat out, you will not be charged for the reservation, a refund will be issued. Renter decisions due to weather will result in the issuance of a gift card for later use or rescheduling. Decisions regarding weather conditions can be determined up to 1 hour before departure time. Kindly contact us so as to confer.
We recommend as soon as you know for sure what day and time you want to go to call for a reservation or reserve online. Holidays and weekends usually book up 2 weeks ahead, week days 3 to 7 days ahead in season.
- Our Reserve Online page shows you what boats are available and their cost, book it yourself online!
- Call us at 813-BLU-WAVE and we will book it for you.
- Use our Contact page, we will call you back and book it.
- You can also text us on the same number, 813-BLU-WAVE
- “BOOK NOW” from our FaceBook page.
Our boundaries extend from the shipping channel north of Egmont Key to the Skyway Bridge, south to the Stickney Point bridge in Siesta Key. Also the boats are allowed to go up to 3 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico weather permitting. GPS is available for navigation but operators are responsible for knowing their own limitations based on experience. If weather is not good, staying in the bays or close in may be required.
If you go outside of this area and we must dispatch assistance there will be an hourly rate of $250 per hour.
The rental price does not include fuel. All of the boats have fuel efficient engines. The boat will be full when it is delivered. We offer to refuel the boat at the local service stations possibly saving you money as well as the hassle and time of refueling at a marina. We add a fee of $10 for this service.
There is a cooler on board, you may bring your own coolers as well. You will want to make sure you have plenty of water with you in the FL heat and sun.
Yes you can fish on most of our boats with the exception of the Tahoe 2150. In fact many have live well systems and fish finders as well. You are required to have a FL saltwater fishing license. All licenses can be purchased at local bait shops or online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com There is also a link to the typical fish you might be interested in while fishing in FL, view fish guide.
Everyone on the boat can drink except the driver, zero tolerance, you can lose your automobile driver’s license and face all consequences from the FWC.
We do have charts of the area free to our customers and we give a full orientation as well. We also have new Garmin GPS navigation systems with depth finders on every boat.
It is best to arrive about 15 minutes prior to your rental time, the orientation begins at your rental time. A 20-30 minute orientation is required by Florida law since we are a licensed livery, that time is part of the overall rental period. Orientations are done without your guests on board, just the captain and/or mate please. Frequently we will have another boat to deliver after we get you off and going and we want to prevent causing unnecessary delays to any Bluwave customers, so please be on time for your rental.
Orientation is typically 15-30 minutes depending on prior boating knowledge. Disruptive parties will cut into their rental if they are not listening & following instructions. Rentals will be denied if Bluwave Boat Rental determines you are disregarding safety procedures being given or are in anyway a hazard to yourself, your party, or our boats.
Orientation will cover everything from rules of the road, basic boat operation, how to navigate our waterways, safety equipment and procedures on the water, liability waivers and rental agreements.
You are solely responsible for any and all damages of all equipment while it is in your possession. Inspecting the equipment is your responsibility before leaving.
BluWave Boat Rental, LLC encourages you to take photos before leaving the dock with our attendant. Point out any damage you see prior to leaving for peace of mind upon your return.
We will meet you at the designated time and place agreed upon when you are launched. If you need to come back in early, call us when you are about an HOUR from returning and we will arrange to meet you when you come in at the ramp. If for some reason we are not there when you return, YOU MAY NOT ABANDON THE BOAT, simply tie the bow and stern lines to the dock where you picked up the boat (allow for water movement, etc) and wait for us to arrive and take responsibility for the boat.
You are responsible for any and all damages to our equipment. Your damage will be assessed and charged upon return. Fiberglass damage is not cheap so keeping a safe distance from everyone and everything while aboard our equipment is important. If you would not bump up against a buddies truck with your truck to talk, don’t do it with my boat. Plain and simple “You break it, you pay for it”. If there is ANY damage, please wait until we are onsite so we can discuss damages together to avoid later issues. The Agreement is very clear about your responsibility.
Our delivery service area is the North Coquina boat ramp on Anna Maria Island.
Click the map to zoom in.